Monday 27 December 2010

Thesaurus - Friend or Foe? A Mindless Rant #2

Okay so yesterday I posed the question asking whether or not the theasaurus was in fact a friend or foe. Well, after two positive experiences today my mind is swaying towards friend. I was looking for a decent antonym for the word 'recant' and my mind just wasn't up to the task. The thesaurus however came to my rescue and provided me with the word 'recapitulate' <3 

Later on I got stuck yet again. I didn't want to use the word 'unbearable' and my brilliant, oh so brilliant mind, decided to drift off and leave me clueless. The thesaurus yet again came to my rescue. 

Maybe the thesaurus is like Yin and Yang? Good and evil? Sometimes you can find helpful insight other times it leaves you slamming your head against a computer screen wondering why, oh why, did you ever start to write a book... 

And yes if you couldn't already gather I am a tad bit over dramatic :D  

Now spell checker on the other hand is most definitely a foe but that's another rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment